Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tangerine: Color of year 2012

Ola!

I did some research last night about color trends and style for year 2012. And look what I found..

Tangerine Tango (red-orangey to those who are not really particular to color names, like ME) is the color for year 2012. :) Hooray! Haha. I'm not actually a fan.

In an article called Tangerine Tango’: The Bright, Encouraging Color of 2012 in newsfeed.time.com, Leatrice Eisman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, states that Tangerine Tango in particular is hopeful and optimistic, vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, while maintaining a quality of sophistication.


I've also learned from Patone Institute that colors are picked up from fashion, film, technology, art, popular travel destination, and other social economic conditions. Interesting, yes? :D


Also, when in comes to fashion and style, its versatility is a sure hit winner. Orange-red lippies and nail polish are very in this year. Even orangey eye shadows (maybe paired with neutral ones) are very trendy. Hmmm, I find it parang exotic, but in a friendly way I guess? Not really in a threatening way. For me kase, orange have binabagayan e. What you think?



Photo by: newsfeed.time.com



Aside from Tangerine Tango, Reds, Blues, Greens and Neutral Colors are still very in this year. These palettes that are very Mother Earth inspired. I think hindi naman nawawala sa uso yung mga ganitong colors and shades.


Anyhow, here are some pieces I found from various shops you can find here in the Philippines. Incase you have an eye for this colurrr!! ;) Nice naman, yes? Hahaha, love the fact na it has shade of red. So yeah, here you go:




So yeah, that's it for now. Thanks for reading!