Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maybelline's Volum' Express Mascara Edition

Ola!

Hello all! I can hardly believe it is February "Love" month again! I think we all have the same impression when we hear February right? --- love, valentines, hearts, couples, dinner dates, flowers, and a whole lot of lovey dovey stuff. :) This is the season to celebrate not only with our partners, but with the people around us, like friends, families, and even pets. If you are single, or going through a heartbreak, there are still a lot of things to celebrate and be happy! So don't let those sad thoughts get in the way! You're beautiful! ☺

So, enough with the intro and shiznitz, let's go back to business! Haha! I know I've been posting too much photos and videos for the past days. Now, I'll have a quick break and allow me to show you the mascaras I'm currently obsessed with. ;)

As you all know, I just purchased the Maybelline's Hypercurl Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara 2 weeks ago. I bought it for P445.00 (roughly $10). Hence, I'm still using my 3 months old Maybelline The Magnum Volum' Express I bought for P350.00+ (roughly $8), I got it on sale. Most of you are already familiar with these mascaras, but if you're still thinking on what mascara will best meet your eyelash needs, I hope this one will help you.

I have been an avid user of Maybelline products because they're affordable, and so far they give me great results. :) So, I took the liberty of comparing these mascaras I am using, so you'll have an idea on what it looks like:


Their wands are very much dissimilar. The Magnum has the typical bristle brush, hence The Hypercurl has a comb-ish wand. 

The Magnum Volum' Express:

PROS:
  • Long wearing.
  • Can give you more volume lash effect
  • Waterproof.
  • Available in our market (no need to order online)
  • 10% cheaper than the Hypercurl Express.
CONS:
  • Can be a little messy.
  • It clumps when you put too much of it.

The Hypercurl Volum' Express:

PROS:
  • Long wearing.
  • Can give you long lash effect (even w/o putting false lashes)
  • Waterproof.
  • Available in our market (no need to order online)
CONS:
  • Doesn't give you the volume effect, so you have to brush thru until you achieve the volume you desire.
  • Can be a little messy.
  • It dries up so fast.

So which is better? The Cat eyes or the Magnum? For me, they're both good. Both are high quality and affordable mascaras. I recommend them both. It really depends on your lash preference.

If you want to have that long lash effect, you can use the HyperCurl Cat eyes, but for everyday use, or for a more volume lash effect, you can use the Magnum. :) I actually use them both for evening events, to give me a long and volum' lash effect.  

So that's just about it loves! Thanks for dropping by.

Please subscribe. :)

xo,